In this course, you will prepare to take Cinematic Health Education’s Ready CNA training course to
(CNA). Throughout the course, you will be introduced to the main concepts and topics that are key to the role of a CNA by learning from medical personnel, video simulations, and experienced CNAs.
Develop the knowledge and skills to succeed as a CNA.
Learn over 100 CNA keywords and phrases.
Watch examples of daily CNA tasks and situations.
- Basic Nursing Skills: This unit will explain the role of a CNA and introduce the various tasks and responsibilities of the job.
- Infection Control: Learn about why proper hygiene is so important when working in a healthcare facility.
- Safety and Emergency Procedures: Watch videos and read articles about preparing for emergencies and preventing accidents.
- Personal Care Skills: This unit will prepare you to assist residents with styling their hair and makeup, shaving, bathing, and performing other Activities of Daily Life.
- Mental Health and Social Services needs: This unit will prepare you to work with residents with various mental illnesses, and to give residents and their families the support they need.
- Basic restorative Services: Exercise is very important for all residents. Learn about encouraging them to move and helping them maintain functional independence.
- Communication and interpersonal Skills: Clear, respectful communication with residents and other staff members is an important part of your job as a CNA.
- Legal & ethical Behaviors: It is essential to know the laws related to patient rights, and to be able to recognize signs of abuse.
- Care of cognitively Impaired Residents: This unit will prepare you for patients with dementia, cognitive impairments, and developmental disabilities.
- Recognizing Changes in Body Functions: Some residents in care facilities have chronic and terminal illnesses. Learn about cancer, diabetes, obesity, and more.